Duration: 1 day delivery
Course cost: $250
Length of validity: Certification is valid for three years, however the component Provide CPR must be recertified every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This unit applies to those who work or recreate in rural and remote areas where evacuation or medical support may be delayed eg. Contract musterers/fencers, Wilderness First Aiders, Snowboard & Ski instructors, Scout group leaders, Outdoor educators, bush walkers
What will I learn?
You will learn and will have demonstrated the following:
- prepared a contingency plan in relation to providing a first aid response in a remote situation
- calling emergency services, notifying of your location and assisting with evacuations
- conducted a hazard assessment and identified strategies to minimise risk
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- assessed airway, breathing and responsiveness of casualty
- performed at least two minutes of uninterrupted CPR on both an adult and an infant resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- activated and followed the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- conducted a secondary survey, including checking pulse of at least one person and recording the rate
- applied first aid procedures for the following:
– allergic reactions, including severe reactions
– basic wound care
– severe bleeding and haemorrhage
– cardiac arrest
– choking and airway obstruction
– environmental impacts
– envenomation (using pressure immobilisation)
– fractures, sprains and strains (using arm slings, roller bandages or other appropriate immobilisation techniques)
– respiratory distress
- provided an accurate verbal report of the incident
- responded to at least three simulated emergency scenarios contextualised to the candidate’s remote and/or isolated situation
What do I get for my money?
In addition to superior training, professional workbooks and life like scenarios, students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- Provide First Aid in Remote Situations HLTAID005
You will also receive a triangular bandage, pen and discount coupon to the online shop or for further courses.