Who is this course for?
The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit of competency will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and
the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
This unit of competency has been approved by ACECQA and meets the requirements of “First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis”.
What will I learn?
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. More specifically you will be guided through the following scenarios:
- abdominal injuries
- allergic reactions, including severe reactions
- bleeding control
- cardiac conditions
- choking and airway obstruction
- cold and crush injuries
- environmental impact (including hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat stroke)
- eye and ear injuries
- head, neck and spinal injuries
- minor skin injuries
- needle stick injuries
- poisoning and toxic substances
- respiratory distress, including asthma and other respiratory conditions
- soft tissue injuries
- unconsciousness, abnormal breathing or not breathing
Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- absence of normal breathing
- anatomy of the external chest
- specific anatomy of infant respiratory systems, including trachea, and implications for provision of CPR
- basic anatomical differences between adults and children, and the implications for provision of first aid
- normal clinical values for children
- physiology relating to response/consciousness
- symptoms and triggers of anaphylaxis
- symptoms and triggers of asthma
- upper airway anatomy and effect of positional change.
What do I get for my money?
In addition to superior training, professional workbooks and life like scenarios, students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded statements of attainment for:
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (Emergency management of asthma in the workplace & First aid management of anaphylaxis)
Please see Allens Training Student Terms and Conditions here https://www.allenstraining.com.au/students/student-information.aspx